ENDEMIC BIRDING TOUR OPERATES: As all outdoors adventures, our tours are weather permitting, but we will do our best to accommodate you, and customize the tour date and departure time to fit your schedule and interests.
DEPARTURE: 7:00AM | RETURN: 12:00PM
Journey to the scenic mountains high above Waikiki to a place that time has passed by. In this beautiful setting we look for the island Oahu Amakihi. Next we travel to a low elevation valley on the island’s leeward coast in search of the island Oahu Elepaio…
Booking Note: The tour price is for up to 3 people. In special instructions during checkout, please indicate how many people will be attending.
Species You May See On This Tour:
- Oahu Elepaio- Oahu Endemic
- Oahu Amakihi – Oahu Endemic
- White-rumped Shama
- Red-billed Leothrix
- Northern Cardinal
- Red-vented Bulbul
- Red-whiskered Bulbul
- Japanese White-eye
- Common Myna
- Java Sparrow
TOUR LENGTH: 5 HOURS
GROUP SIZE: Minimum 1 Guest, Maximum 3 Guests
TRAIL DIFFICULTY: Moderate
Included in this tour
– Waikiki hotel pickup
– Trail fees
– An “Oahu Bird Species” checklist can be requested.
Special Notes and Recommendations:
- Please wear shoes and clothing suitable for occasionally wet and slippery conditions.
- Please note all birding tours and nature tours begin and end in Waikiki. If you are staying in a hotel outside of Waikiki such as Ihilani, Aulani, Turtle Bay or Kaneohe you will need to have transportation into and from Waikiki to go on our tours.
Our Cancellation Policy:
We do not charge any booking or cancellation fees, but we do require at least 48 hours advance notice of cancellations or rescheduling prior your tour departure time.
What to Bring: Please remember to bring bottled water. We recommend wearing comfortable clothing and walking shoes (tennis shoes or sneakers are best). Sun screen is recommended to those who have sensitive skin.