ACTIVITY OPERATES: Every day except Sundays
ACTIVITY START: 5:00PM | ACTIVITY FINISH: 7:00PM
ACTIVITY LENGTH: 2 hours
This is the ultimate paniolo (Hawaiian Cowboy) experience you will never forget.
Start out in the cooler portion of the day and take in the Hawaiian sunset skies while on horseback. You and your horse will wind through mountain trails with sneak peaks of the ocean below. The highlight spot is our scenic lookout which provides a majestic view of the Windward side of Oahu. This is a great picture-taking spot, so bring your camera.
Dinner will be warm and waiting for you at the campfire. Feast on locally-catered steak and shrimp, local fruit, rice, macaroni salad, smores, water, and Hawaiian Sun fruit drink. Cook marshmallows over the campfire and enjoy the evening in a more relaxed setting. After dinner, your wrangler will help get you mounted back on your horse and guide you back home. You will be riding back under the light of dusk.
The Sunset Dinner Ride is a 2 – 2 1/2 hour guided ride and is a walking-only ride, no trotting or cantering will be allowed. A great ride for the whole family, suitable for all skill levels ages 7 and up. No pregnant riders will be allowed. Our weight limit for any rider is 240 lbs.
Transportation is not included.
- Parents and Guardians must sign a waiver for children 17 years old and younger.
- All riders must be (7) seven years of age to qualify for the regular horseback rides. Please don’t ask us to fudge on child’s age no matter the experience level. The Pony Ride for Kids Experience allows for children 2 yrs. and older.
- Only one rider per horse. No packing or doubling is allowed.
- Body weight must not exceed 240 lbs.
- No pregnant riders will be permitted to ride.
- Gunstock Ranch is an alcohol-free establishment. No intoxicated riders will be allowed on a horseback ride. If a rider shows up intoxicated they will be asked to leave and no refund will be given.
- Smoking is not allowed at our check-in area or on the horseback ride.
- Backpacks and large jackets are not allowed on the rides. A small pack is on your saddle that fits a small water bottle or camera.
- We encourage guests to bring a small camera while on their ride.
- All riders must abide by the trail guides instructions. Do not leave the position you were assigned in the ride lineup. — Horses will vie for position, please control them as instructed.
- Any purposeful attempt to run, trot or take a different turn will result in disqualification of your ride. You will be instructed to dismount.
- Helmets are considered personal protective equipment. It is highly recommended that all persons wear a helmet, ATSM/SEI approved. Adults 18 years and older may opt to sign out of wearing a helmet.
- Riders 17 years old and younger are required to wear a helmet.
- Appropriate riding attire is long pants (jeans), shorts, shoes/boots/tennis or flats and walking shoes.
- A liability waiver must be thoroughly read and signed. You may print one out now or wait until you arrive at your ride where you will be given one to sign.
- Check in time is 30 min. before scheduled ride time. Please allow ample time to reach us.
- We reserve the right to refuse service to anyone who we feel would put our horses, other riders, or themselves in danger.
- Please remember that gratuities are not included in your horseback ride price.
What to Wear: We recommend that you wear long pants and covered shoes for this ride. Cowboy boots are not required. Wear sunscreen and bring a bottle of water. Small cameras are welcome. For chilly days, it is a good idea to bring a light sweater or jacket. Backpacks, bags, and bulky camera equipment will not be allowed on the horse for the ride. We do have a small pack on the saddle that can fit a water bottle or small camera.
Check-In: Please check in 30 min. before your ride time. Please plan ahead so you are not late. Our goal is to have every ride leaving on time. Guests who are late are subject to being left behind. If you miss your ride because you are late no refund will be issued.
Cancellation:We will reschedule rides based on availability. Rides that can not be rescheduled will receive a full refund.
Rainy Day Cancellation: We plan to ride rain or shine. In the event, we cancel a ride due to conditions we feel are unsafe for our trails, no charges will be applied and a full refund will be issued. If a party calls in to cancel their ride because they don’t want to ride in the rain, and we plan to carry out the ride, no refund will be given.
Late Arrival: We are unable to hold the ride for you and you will miss your ride. A 25% fee will be assessed if you would like to be put on another tour. It is your responsibility to ensure you have proper directions to our location. Please use the map we have on our site to ensure you find the right location.Please allow yourself ample time to reach us. Please give yourself an additional 15 min due to traffic and construction.
No Shows: Will not be given a refund. This includes missing your ride due to being late and we were unable to hold the ride for you.